Sunday 5 February 2017

Change your Destiny with Faith

I finally comprehended the enormity of Martin Luther’s words, “Pray, and let God worry.”

To many people, Faith is a fraudulent phrase. A blind belief in some mysterious and arcane philosophy of yore. From childhood we are trained to understand that empirical science requires independent, provable evidence to support any fact before it is accepted as accurate. Faith, however, does not argue with the empirical mind which wants to hold truth in the same way as one holds a real object in the palms of their hand. Faith transcends the inquiring mind, and stands on a higher inner truth which lies at the centre of our core. Faith triumphs when the human spirit realizes that no one else’s certainty can be our own assurance. If we have faith, conviction arises but naturally.

Over the years, I came to accept the reality of not knowing where I was headed. And now I simply love it. When I tried to control outcomes, I was either disappointed with the results or simply unnerved when situations altered. The more I tried to control the end of the story, the more it took another surprise twist and turn in the plot. The difficulty didn’t lie in accepting the result, the anger arose from silently knowing that I couldn’t control my environment. A shocker after a lifetime of being trained to think that I was in supreme and aggressive control of every outcome. 

And one day, in the midst of a whirlpool of events, dialogues, decisions, emotions and just simply being exhausted, I let go. I let go of over thinking, authority, and apprehension... I just let go of my Ego and discovered an inexplicable faith in the universe. And it was in that moment of being thrown in mid air with no hope in sight, that my wings unfurled and I began to fly. And as I soared, I still didn’t know which way I was headed, but the marvel lay in simply unfolding my rusty wings and just letting go. I knew not my direction, but I knew the winds would carry me far.

My remarkable learning was that I don’t need to exactly know what is transpiring, or precisely where it is all headed. All I had to learn in that single moment of letting go was to acknowledge and appreciate the many possibilities and challenges offered by the present moment, and to welcome them with faith and unerring trust. In my journey of faith I discovered that ever so often amazing encounters and situations come into our lives out of thin air. We can't always understand them, but we must have faith in them. It was tempting to revert to my old hard shell and question everything, but I realized that it paid to simply possess a measure of good faith in the intent of the Universe.

We are at our strongest when we no longer need to prove our strength. Have unwavering Faith in the bigger plan, and the Cosmos will stretch its magnanimous hand in your direction. Because you have changed your Destiny by simply Believing. And once you have made that change, everything will fall into place. But isn’t that how it was supposed to be in the very first place?

No comments:

Post a Comment