Sunday 16 August 2015

Ode to Every Teacher

None of us got where we are solely by pulling ourselves up by our bootstraps. We got here because somebody - a parent, teacher, mentor, guide, spiritual guru, colleague or friend, bent down and helped us pick up our boots.
Books ignited hope, imagination and my greatest love for learning more.
Every mountain, ocean, river, tree and living being was a teacher in some form or another.
I also learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind. Silence in meditation was golden as I discovered that there is no greater teacher than my own soul.
Every day I share my gratitude with everyone who helped me on this journey and everything that I have been blessed with. Never forgetting that the greatest appreciation lies not in simply uttering these words, but in living by them.

No comments:

Post a Comment